ACCT 553 Week 5 Quiz Complete A+ Answers
1. (TCO E) For federal tax purposes, royalty income not derived in the ordinary course of a business is classified as:
2. (TCO F) When comparing corporate and individual taxation, the following statements are true, except:
3. (TCO H) Al and Amy file a joint return for the 2012 tax year. Their adjusted gross income is $80,000. They had a net investment income of $8,000. In 2012, they had the following interest expenses:
Personal credit card interest: $4,000
Home mortgage interest: $8,000
Investment interest (on loans used to buy stocks): $10,000
4. (TCO B) Charitable contribution deductions for capital gains property made by individuals without a reduction for long-term capital gains to public charities are limited to:
5. (TCO A) The following taxes were paid by Tim:
Real estate taxes on his home: $2,000
State income taxes: $900
State gasoline tax (personal use of automobile): $150
6. (TCO F) Hoover, Inc. had gross receipts from operations of $230,000, operating and other expenses of $310,000, and dividends received from a 45 percent-owned domestic corporation of $120,000. Hoover’s tax position for the year is:
7. (TCO G) All of the outstanding stock of a closely held C corporation is owned equally by David Smith and Steve Bufusno. In 2012, the corporation generates taxable income of $30,000 from its active business activities. In addition, it earns $20,000 of interest from investments and incurs a $40,000 loss from a passive activity. How much income does the C corporation report for 2012?
8. (TCO G) Mike, who is single, has $100,000 of salary, $15,000 of income from a limited partnership, and a $30,000 passive loss from a real estate rental activity in which he actively participates. His modified adjusted gross income is $100,000. Of the $30,000 loss, how much is deductible?
9. (TCO F) Pam owns a sole proprietorship, and Kevin is the sole shareholder of a C (regular) corporation. Each business sustained a $16,000 operating loss and a $2,500 capital loss for the year. Evaluate how these losses will affect the taxable income of the two owners?
10. (TCO G) Briefly (1) define and (2) discuss the purpose and impact of each of the following:
a. net operating loss
b. at-risk rules
c. tax shelter
For instant digital download of the above solution, Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get the tutorial for ACCT 553 Week 5 Quiz Complete A+ Answers
For instant digital download of the above solution or tutorial, please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link.
In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on email@example.com